Harpenstreng

Cannot change font from italic to regular

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

Thanks for the screenshot, but I meant could you attach the AFDesign file you are using please?

Seems like the problem I reported, right?

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

The .afdesign file, since you're posting about Designer.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, April 2018 Update (1803), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.209 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.209 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.206 Beta

14 minutes ago, Harpenstreng said:

Oh, sorry. I should be in the Publisher forum...

Well, a moderator can move the discussion, now that we know :)

But in that case, yes, Sean was asking for the .afpub file.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, April 2018 Update (1803), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz

Select your text. Scroll down to the Strong Emphasis character style. Click on the symbol at the right-side of the Strong Emphasis character style. Click on the Detach Characters from Strong Emphasis Style in the pop-up (second from bottom). 

The paragraph should revert to BodyPlakat style without the Strong Emphasis character style. You will need to do this for all the text blocks.

Mike

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Alternatively--something I just figured out--Select all the text frames. The Context bar at the top of the window will show the Strong Emphasis character style being used.

capture-002435.png.a3229161042083722f848f3995fd2337.png

Click on that drop-down and change it to No Style.

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

The thing is that my BodyPlakat style comes out italicised even though italic seems to be off in the BodyPlakat style definition dialogue. Sure, I can change that afterwards but then the style is not to much use.

59 minutes ago, Harpenstreng said:

The thing is that my BodyPlakat style comes out italicised even though italic seems to be off in the BodyPlakat style definition dialogue. Sure, I can change that afterwards but then the style is not to much use.

Regardless of the style definition, you have provided an override to the style, for your Text Frames, via the Context menu. That's what @MikeW pointed out. You have told the Text Frame to use Strong Emphasis via its Character controls: image.png.c0a602b59960a2b83bc3beced14d271d.png

Select a Text Frame, then reset that via the pulldown to [No Style] and see what happens.

-- Walt