You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Swapping Palettes - Feature Request

I work on icons for multiple color schemes, so I have a document set up with a color palette with global colors for everything in the document.  From this master document I need to make multiple versions of the icons for different color schemes, e.g. Light UI vs Dark UI.  I would love to be able to just swap the palette from the dark palette to the light palette and have all the new colors swapped out where the color names match. 

Since I haven't found a way to do this yet what I currently have to do I is make a copy of the document, then change each global color to the color in the new palette manually which is really time consuming and a bit error prone.

If I could just swap palettes it would be a huge time savings for me

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

+1 vote

Yes!!  I was searching for this exactly, and I'm still searching.  But if this isn't implemented yet, I vote for this.

Allow to make "version" of the document's global color palette.  Maybe require that each color is named first.  Making a color global would add it to all global palette versions, ready for modification.