You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug Report: Locked Background not Locking

I'm using the 1.7.0.3 Beta of Designer for Mac and basically I have a Pixel layer I'm using as a Background layer for tracing.  Even though I lock it, I'm still able to accidentally move it with my cursor. It's a pain in the ass when I go to adjust my lines and I keep grabbing the background.  This would make the program unusable for me.

Really? O.o

I cannot easily reproduce that. The only way I am able to come close to your observation is by grouping the pixel layer and locking the group (or making it a child of another layer and locking the latter one). Now, when I select the pixel layer in the layers list, I can move it, despite the group (the other layer) being locked. Personally, I don’t like this behaviour, but it seems to have been always like that.

Could you provide a screenshot of the layer structure of your document? :)

I don't know guys. Even when I make a pixel layer and lock it I can still select it and move it around.  Here is a screenshot.  My cursor dropped our but notice the "x's" are anchors in this picture.  I can move the layer around.  It doesn't happen instantly. You have to keep clicking and dragging.  Then it comes "loose".

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 8.51.24 AM.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.