Will it be possible to set up a page layout and have 2 or 3 columns and the ability to add into a  column a predetermined text box size. For example a flyer that is designed to fit a DL envelope (A4 folded into 3).  Plus when a text box or picture box is crated, rather than drag the handles to resize the box, could the dimensions of the box be entered?

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

You can already setup a page layout with columns. From the menu, View > Guide Manager will let you set them up. You can also draw a Text Frame using the Frame Text Tool, and place it in the column where you want it. If you have Snapping enabled then the frame's edges will snap to the column edges. then in the Transform studio panel you can specify its exact dimensions using the W and H fields.

To ease reuse, when you'll need multiple of them, you could create one, and save it as an Asset using the Assets studio panel. Once you do that, you could just drag the next one from the Assets panel onto the page that needs it.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, April 2018 Update (1803), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.209 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.209 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.221 Beta

Thank you so much.  I'm new to Affinity and I'm slowly getting familiar to the different  terminology. When I do a search on help, if you don't get the phrase correct it don't point you in the right direction.