Taavi

[Cannot Reproduce] Can't Copy Paste text from outside source to Affinity Designer document

Hey!

I think I've found a Bug!

I tried to Copy text from Word document to Affinity Designer Document and all that appears are little blocks with question marks inside. 

It seems, that I can't copy text to Affinity Designer from anywhere, except from affinity Designer itself.

I'm using  Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135

Very odd. That usually happens when you're trying to use characters that are not supported by the current font. Any chance you can save that .afdesign file and attach it here? 

Thanks. Just a few more questions:

What is your Windows language and your input language? 

Do you use any clipboard manager software? 

Can you post a screenshot of your Edit > Paste special dialogue from Designer? 

Windows language is English. Input language is Estonian.

As far as I know, I don't use any Clipboard Manager Software.

screenshot added.1482440959_pastespecial.jpg.05ac993e5976d5af0c6517e939315a5c.jpg

Yes, Pasting as Unicode works.

Is that something I have to do every time I copy something or I can make it standard somehow?

That's some progress. Have you tried to change the input language to English? Does it work? 

Unfortunately, you cannot change the default Paste option. 

Well, I tried changing the language but the problem still exists. Still question marks  inside rectangles. 

I think changing Pasting as Unicode works, but it feels like too much hassle for so basic thing.

Very odd. Can you please try this? With Designer closed, Navigate to %AppData%\Affinity\Designer\ and rename 1.0 to 1.0.backup. Re-open it and see if it's ok. 

Also, have you tried to copy/paste from a different source? A web page or notepad? 

Yes, I tried to copy from web pages and from outlook, the problem is still there. I haven't tried to copy from notepad yet.

I also changed the folder name to 1.0.backup and the problem still exists. 

Any chance you can create a new user profile and try on that? I'm still thinking it might be something locally that's preventing it from copying, as we cannot replicate it. 

Maybe it is the whole office problem? Because Coping from outlook is also impossible, I haven't tried Excel yet 

No, not yet. Is there any possible way to maybe try some other Affinity Designer build. Just to confirm that the bug is somewhere else.