Sign in to follow this  
Leonardo Fiori

Brush/Pen size circle preview

Is it possible to see the circle representing the brush size while using the Apple Pencil? This would give users more control when painting.

Just like the grey circle that appears around the mouse on photoshop on desktop.

Probably due to apple pencil’s limitation this would be impossible to do when hovering the pen is hovering the screen, but at least it would be a nice feature to have when the pen is touching the screen.

Is this a feature or not? If not i would like to request an implementation..

Hi Leonardo Fiori,

This feature isn't currently available in the iPad version I will move this to feature requests.

Thanks

Callum

This has been requested many times. Hopefully something will be done to improve the current lack of bush size/shape and area of effect. A (poor) workaround is to turn on Show touches. At least you will get a blue circle where you touch the screen. The centre of the circle being the contact point on the screen. It’s a 'big' circle. Maybe if it adopted the brush size setting it would be more useful.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.146 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

On 1/11/2019 at 10:43 AM, DM1 said:

This has been requested many times. Hopefully something will be done to improve the current lack of bush size/shape and area of effect. A (poor) workaround is to turn on Show touches. At least you will get a blue circle where you touch the screen. The centre of the circle being the contact point on the screen. It’s a 'big' circle. Maybe if it adopted the brush size setting it would be more useful.

Yeah I tried that workaround but it is pretty useless.. the Apple Pencil is so precise that to know the center you just need to look at the tip.. it is a really simple feature to implement, we are not asking for hovering support! I think that probably would require apple’s support

On 1/10/2019 at 2:31 PM, Callum said:

Hi Leonardo Fiori,

This feature isn't currently available in the iPad version I will move this to feature requests.

Thanks

Callum

However you moved this request in the affinity designer section, I was asking it for affinity photo :) even if also designer needs this!