You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug - "basic-texture" brushes

If you have a brush with "basic texture" it works well. But if you use this brush with an active selection only the brush-tip is used not the "basictexture" anymore. Its also in 1.6, so "no metal-issue". 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

• Staff

Hey Polygonius,

Do you mean the default 'Texture' brushes cannot be used with the Selection Brush Tool? If that isn't what you mean, can you elaborate? I thought you might have meant that if you have a selection somewhere on the canvas and use the Paint Brush Tool to paint with a textured brush you would just get the standard rounded brush tip—but that works with a textured brush.

Apologies if I've misunderstood you. 

Nope i mean: You can assagin to a regular brush a picture and you can assagin a "basic textrure". In the pic there is nor assigned picture, but a "texture".

Normally the brush will paint this "texture", but if i have a selection on the the layer and paint now, the "texture" will not paint, just the regular brush (in the picture its normal round brush, so no image).

Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-10 um 23.19.14.jpg

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.