You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot find my product key.

Hi,

I purchased Affinity Photo last month and I cannot find how I received my Product Key. Is there a way to retrieve it.

One more question. I installed Affinity on my laptop. Can I use the same product key for my home desktop or do I need to purchase another license.

Please let me know,

Thanks,

Yair

• Staff

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Assuming you bought from us, if you sign into your account at this link you will be able to find your product key under the 'downloads and product keys' section. If you bought from Apple or Microsoft you will not have a key as the installation will be validated via their respective stores, and can be reinstalled there.

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
37 minutes ago, Clayton King said:

I have exactly the same issue. I purchased three licenses for three people, but don't know which is which.

I'm not sure it matters. It won't be used again.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@Lema21

What do you see in the area immediately below the section you have screenshot?  On my account I see the following (with email address and key blurred out, for obvious reasons, I hope!):

ScreenShot00791.jpg.e0fd1720913f24d9592a23930395dac6.jpg

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

I purchased Affinity sometime in 2017, as I recall. I cannot find a registration number, license information, license key, etc.  I have hardly used Affinity, it has resided on my Mac all of this time as I was attempting to learn and use Photoshop since that is what most members of my 200+ camera club use for photo editing. However, I have given-up on Photoshop and want to give Affinity another try since I already own a copy and it seems to be more intuitive from the few edits I have done in Affinity. I'd like to know what I need to do to get updates to my version of Affinity. My version of Affinity is EULA Third Party Licenses 1.8.4.

6 hours ago, Poj Chick said:

I purchased Affinity sometime in 2017, as I recall. I cannot find a registration number, license information, license key, etc.  I have hardly used Affinity, it has resided on my Mac all of this time as I was attempting to learn and use Photoshop since that is what most members of my 200+ camera club use for photo editing. However, I have given-up on Photoshop and want to give Affinity another try since I already own a copy and it seems to be more intuitive from the few edits I have done in Affinity. I'd like to know what I need to do to get updates to my version of Affinity. My version of Affinity is EULA Third Party Licenses 1.8.4.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

If you purchased in 2017 then I think you probably purchased via the Mac App Store, and you would look there for updates. You would not have a license key, as those are used only for purchases directly from Serif.

Note: if you're at 1.8.4 you are up-to-date, as that's the latest Affinity release for Mac.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 3 weeks later...

do you have to get a product key for affinity photos? I just recently got it and now my free trial is running out and I'm wondering what that will change if I get a product key or if I don't. If I should get a key, how much will it be?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Nettie. :)

42 minutes ago, nettie said:

do you have to get a product key for affinity photos? I just recently got it and now my free trial is running out and I'm wondering what that will change if I get a product key or if I don't. If I should get a key, how much will it be?

If you purchase your copy of Affinity Photo from the Mac App Store (for macOS) or the Microsoft Store (for Windows) your purchase is tied to your store account and there is therefore no need for a product key. If you purchase through Serif’s own Affinity Store you will be provided with a product key which is tied to the email address that you use at the time of purchase.

The current US dollar price for Affinity Photo is $49.99.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, nettie said:

and I'm wondering what that will change if I get a product key or if I don't.

If you purchase from Serif you will simply provide your product key the first time after that that you start the program, and it will continue to operate just as it has been (except you won't get a prompt for the product key any more).

If you purchase from the Mac App Store or the Microsoft Store then (as Alfred mentioned) you won't get a product key. When you make the purchase a new copy of the program will be installed, and you'll run that copy rather than running the trial version you have now.

The operational capabilities of the application will be largely the same no matter where you purchase, but there are some functions that may work better if you buy directly from Serif, because when you purchase from Apple or Microsoft they apply some restrictions to the application ("sanboxing") that can limit some of the capabilities.

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 month later...

I downloaded Affinity Photo direct from Serif for the free trial, but have received no product key so can't activate. I have previously purchased Publisher, which works great and I can see my product key on my account for that. On Photo there's just an order number that doesn't work in its place. Nothing has been emailed to me either! Any advice would be grateful received :)

30 minutes ago, Corryn said:

I downloaded Affinity Photo direct from Serif for the free trial, but have received no product key so can't activate.

Have you actually purchased Affinity Photo, or are you just wanting to use the 10 day free trial? If the latter, you don't need a Product Key. When you run it you should get a choice of continuing the free trial or of purchasing a product key.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

31 minutes ago, Corryn said:

Not purchased it, just want free trial first (possibly making the move from Abode). Not getting that option to continue without product key.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you see?

Have you had the trial installed previously?

-- Walt
PC:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

So I *think* I have been successful in purchasing Designer (a few days ago), but now I am not so sure because in reading this forum it seems like I should have received a product key, but I didn't, just an "Open" button (screenshot below).

I have been working on a print ad design which I would very much like to get out soon. I purchased Designer a few days ago but after I installed and launched it brought up the files I'd already been working on (good) but apparently I'm still in the trial version.

I tried looking on forums and they say I need to un-install the trial version in order to bring up the paid version - but I'm afraid of losing my work, and I can't figure out how to do a backup - maybe I can't, going off the trial version?

Please help!

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 12.26.44.png

18 minutes ago, StiffStef said:

Hi,

So I *think* I have been successful in purchasing Designer (a few days ago), but now I am not so sure because in reading this forum it seems like I should have received a product key, but I didn't, just an "Open" button (screenshot below).

I have been working on a print ad design which I would very much like to get out soon. I purchased Designer a few days ago but after I installed and launched it brought up the files I'd already been working on (good) but apparently I'm still in the trial version.

I tried looking on forums and they say I need to un-install the trial version in order to bring up the paid version - but I'm afraid of losing my work, and I can't figure out how to do a backup - maybe I can't, going off the trial version?

Please help!

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 12.26.44.png

Please see your other thread/post...

• 2 years later...

Hello, I have the same problem. I can my Order number, below is the Download button. No way to find Product key here. My trial is expired now, and can't run Photo

anymore. Any idea?

Edit: Just downloaded last version and there is a new activation process. It works with e-mail. Everything is OK now.

Edited by x_nipi

I bought Affinity Photo in 2017-2018 I believe. Have since been through many Macs and now have a new one. I have it installed on my laptop but am trying to install it on my desktop Mac and it is requiring email/password. All computations including 'forgot my password' do not recognize my email address.

How do I recover my access if the system won't recognize my credentials. I can't remember if I bought it through the App Store or direct. Please help

14 minutes ago, tomleckie said:

I bought Affinity Photo in 2017-2018 I believe. Have since been through many Macs and now have a new one. I have it installed on my laptop but am trying to install it on my desktop Mac and it is requiring email/password. All computations including 'forgot my password' do not recognize my email address.

How do I recover my access if the system won't recognize my credentials. I can't remember if I bought it through the App Store or direct. Please help

If you bought it from Serif you can sign into your account to find your product key under the downloads and product keys section.

If you bought it from Apple or Microsoft you will not have a key and can re-download it from the App Store. If you're not sure where you bought it, open the App Store first and check your purchases. If it's not there then you must have bought it from Serif.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

10 hours ago, tomleckie said:

Is this a new download from the Mac App Store? If so, you may have downloaded Affinity Photo 2 which is a new product, requiring a new purchase. If you want to install version 1, you should be able to find it in the App Store, by clicking on your Account, and looking in the list of Purchased programs.

-- Walt
PC: