You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Garbled text on PDF export

Have an issue with exporting to PDF, some of the titles and lots of segments of text are garbled (random characters). The body text affected is in italics. The document is an imported PDF (from InDesign, I think) and I had to replace the fonts; it may be related to my trying to use "different" fonts instead of all sub-styles, as I couldn't find a set which contained the whole lot and had to add from another source (and I'm not a font management expert!).

Not sure why some, but not all titles are affected, though.

Any thoughts?

Screenshot 2019-01-09 20.59.08.png

Screenshot 2019-01-09 21.00.35.png

• 6 months later...

The latest beta is 1.7.2.442. Be sure that is the app version you are reporting on.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

Part of the problem with your .afpub document may be due to the fact that each line of your text is a paragraph of its own! At least, this is how my version of Publisher interprets your file. Try replacing the paragraph returns with a blank and see if it makes any difference. :)

Breaks.png.ce03f7e69e0d6370d3fdaef1b379c664.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.