HVDB Photography

[AP] Arrange Adjustment layer > Opposite behavior

The same here.
Strange, so far I have not noticed.
I probably use the function too little.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.135 :  Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.0.333 :     Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135 : Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.0.333:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.0.330:       Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1809 Build 17763.437)

The Layers panel of the Affinity apps lists a mask-nested stack of layers in the opposite order to every other stack of layers and, therefore, moving a mask-nested layer forward will indeed move it forward but it will be pushed down the list in the Layers panel.

8 minutes ago, >|< said:

The Layers panel of the Affinity apps lists a mask-nested stack of layers in the opposite order to every other stack of layers and, therefore, moving a mask-nested layer forward will indeed move it forward but it will be pushed down the list in the Layers panel.

Sounds logical. That I didn't thought  about that !! We're (I'm)  growing old ...

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123  &  1.7.0.333 bèta

Windows 10 Home v 1809 (build 17763.437) - 64 bit processor - AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics  1.50GHz - RAM 8,00 GB
Calibrated Monitor (Datacolor Spyder5 Pro)

On the other hand, adjustments as a child layer are not really stacked. They are automatically added at the bottom of the pile !! Reverse stacking !!!

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123  &  1.7.0.333 bèta

Windows 10 Home v 1809 (build 17763.437) - 64 bit processor - AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics  1.50GHz - RAM 8,00 GB
Calibrated Monitor (Datacolor Spyder5 Pro)

1 hour ago, HVDB Photography said:

On the other hand, adjustments as a child layer are not really stacked. They are automatically added at the bottom of the pile !! Reverse stacking !!!

There's no other hand. You are essentially saying the same as me. I said that mask-nested (not clip-nested) layers are listed upside down in the Layers panel when compared with other stacks of layers, and that's why moving one forward will push it down in the Layers panel.