You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Landscape Panorama

Dean Reardon

Here is a landscape panorama photo of Yellowstone National Park. This was made from 7 RAW images (hand held) all stitched together in Affinity Photo. I must say that AP did a fantastic job of stitching these together! I then made a number of adjustments in the Affinity Developer. I need to get my monitor color calibrated because I can't really tell when I develop them, if they actually look good. Nonetheless, below is the panorama. 

Yellowstone 1 Pano_jpg.jpg

A great panorama. I always find the main problem with panoramas is maintaining good horizontal control. You have done this well

It is good to see results from Photo in this forum. Most postings are from Designer. Perhaps the sub-tile of the forum (Post your fantastic designs for all to see) does not help!

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

4 hours ago, John Rostron said:

A great panorama. I always find the main problem with panoramas is maintaining good horizontal control. You have done this well

It is good to see results from Photo in this forum. Most postings are from Designer. Perhaps the sub-tile of the forum (Post your fantastic designs for all to see) does not help!

John

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. Because it is a landscape and everything is in the distance (rather than close up like buildings and so forth), the vertical and horizontal skew caused by panoramas doesn't really show in this photograph. I didn't make any adjustment for the vertical and horizontal offset.

The camera was a Canon 6D full frame with 24-105 mm lens set at 50mm, f10

12 hours ago, Dean Reardon said:

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. Because it is a landscape and everything is in the distance (rather than close up like buildings and so forth), the vertical and horizontal skew caused by panoramas doesn't really show in this photograph. I didn't make any adjustment for the vertical and horizontal offset.

The fact that the horizon was approximately half way would contribute to a good projection. Here is a panorama I took on Herm (Channel Islands) looking south from the north clifftop. The horizon was above centre. There is a path in the distance which was about halfway (just about visible) where it appears straight. The path in the foreground is noticeably  bent (though it does bend naturally to some extent).

958539520_HermNorthPathAffPano750.png.d974cdf06847abb2b79460115eb1f015.png

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630