You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Style lists in Context Bar don't disappear after selecting a style

Windows 10 Home 1809, Publisher 1.7.0.206.

When editing a text frame and selecting a style - either character or paragraph - from the context bar, the list of styles doesn't disappear. Even double-clicking doesn't make it go away, sometimes I have to treble-click or more, which sometimes causes problems if the pointer is over something I didn't want to click on (e.g. the ruler).

Every now and again the list will disappear after selection but this is very rare and makes the UI inconsistent as I don't know what it will do at any given time.

The only things that are underneath the dropdown are the ruler and the document.
I've made a GIF where you can see a few things, with the text frame selected:
* Open the list;
* Click on Initial Words - list persists;
* Click on Line Above - list persists;
* Double-click on Line Above - list disappears;
* Re-open the list;
* Click on First - list persists;
* Double-click on First - list persists;
* Treble-click on First - list persists;
* Click on First - list persists;
* Double-click on First - list disappears but I've now accidentally de-selected the text frame;
* Re-select the text frame and re-open the list;
* Click on Drop Cap - list disappears;
* Re-open the list;
* Click on Heading 2 - list persists;
* Click on Drop Cap - lists persists;
* Click on Heading 1 - list disappears.
As you can see (hopefully), it lacks consistency.
It doesn't seem to matter which style I'm selecting, I never know how many clicks I need to actually select something from the list and this means that I sometimes end up making an extra click by mistake (because I don't know how many it wants at that particular time).
(Apologies that I don't have a screen-grabber that has automatic mouse annotation. It would have made it easier for me to explain.)

persistent style menus.gif

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.