You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Well i received an indesign document and try to reproduce it with Publisher...

in the first image you see what i´ve got..     how can i make it look like the secound image, where the letters are in one line a little bit furter to the right... is it a paragraph setting somewhere ?

any one who can explain this to me ?

wrong.JPG

right.JPG

1 hour ago, Tom Schülke said:

Well i received an indesign document and try to reproduce it with Publisher...

in the first image you see what i´ve got..     how can i make it look like the secound image, where the letters are in one line a little bit furter to the right... is it a paragraph setting somewhere ?

any one who can explain this to me ?

wrong.JPG

right.JPG

Hello @Tom Schülke,

I suggest you apply a Text Style that is called 'Bullet 1' and then investigate how it works.

Look for the followings values to control the indent: Paragraph > First line indent, Paragraph > left indent, Bullets and Numbering > Tab stop.
With these three you make the paragraph move in to the right and make the bullet 'sit' left outside.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

I have been trying to find a way to produce the effect that you want, without success.

That does not mean that someone else may not be able to find a way to do it.

Maybe you need to ask the Affinity Publisher team to include the facility.

It is one of those things that is easy to do when handsetting metal type, but then again this is not handsetting metal type!

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

1 hour ago, dominik said:

I suggest you apply a Text Style that is called 'Bullet 1' and then investigate how it works.

I want to make this more clear since I think this is a little misleading.

The Text Style 'Bullet 1' is a predefined style that comes with APub. You don't have to create it by yourself.
The idea is to use this one to understand how to set up a paragraph style what you are looking for. This also could be a start for @William Overington :)

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil