You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Batch convert / rotate several photos all at once

• Staff

Hi waveromper,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
You have to record a macro applying the Rotate 90º Clockwise (or Anticlockwise as you prefer) command using the Macro panel (menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Macro). Then save it to the Library clicking the second icon on the top right of the Macro panel. Finally run a batch job (File ▸ New Batch Job) and select/apply the macro you just created in the bottom right area of the New Batch Job dialog.

Thanks for the quick reply! But I'm lost ... is there a missing step? This screenshot shows what I'm looking at when I do View ▸ Studio ▸ Macro

I don't understand what it means to "record a macro applying the Rotate 90º Clockwise (or Anticlockwise as you prefer) command" ... where is that command? 

Everything on the left toolbar is grayed out, and the Start Recording button doesn't do anything

Sorry, I'm still a newbie with this program

Affinity photo macro.jpg

• Staff

Hi waveromper,
Sorry, I should have detailed it a little bit better:
- open an image first - one with the wrong orientation  you want to correct
- click the record button in the Macro panel, go to menu Document ▸ Rotate 90º Clockwise (or Anticlockwise as you prefer) to rotate the image to the correct orientation,
- stop the recording clicking the stop button in the Macro panel and save the macro to the Library clicking the second icon on the top right of the Macro panel
- give it a name. By default it will be saved to the Default category.
- you can save that image now if you want to keep the changes.
You now have the macro saved in the Library (which you can display going to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Library) and also available from the Batch Job dialog (which you can use to apply the command to the whole set of the images you want to correct on your folder).

Now to use the Batch Job functionality:
- go to menu File ▸ New Batch Job
- click the Add button below the sources section to add all your images you want to fix/correct the orientation
- select/pick the name of the macro you just created in the Available Macros section and press the Apply button to add it to the Applied Macros section
- adjust any other format settings you may want from the top right of the Batch Job dialog (file formats specifically, etc) and click OK on the bottom right of the panel to perform the batch job

Let me know if you still have trouble. Also check the videos listed above by @v_kyr to learn more about macros and batch processing.