iambia

crashes while using affinity photo on ipad

every few minutes while i am working, it crashes. it seems to crash most if i am selectimg a font or working with brushes.

----------------------------------------
i am everything. i am nothing
therefore, i can be anything

Hi @iambia,

We would need to know more about your workflow. 

Is that document specific? Does it crash when you create a new document?

What is the size of your document ( in pixels )?

What iPad model have you got?

Have you got enough storage space?

Have you tried to reboot the iPad?

Thanks,

Gabe. 

5 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @iambia,

We would need to know more about your workflow. 

Is that document specific? Does it crash when you create a new document?

What is the size of your document ( in pixels )?

What iPad model have you got?

Have you got enough storage space?

Have you tried to reboot the iPad?

Thanks,

Gabe. 

not document specific. tested by creating blank document before reaching ou to forums. same thing happens.

brand new blank document, so whatever size Photo creates a new blank file as. 

iPad model A1964, 9.7 inch, os 12.11

1.21 TB in iCloud remaining, which is my default save spot.  26 gigs remaining on my tablet, which i do not use to save Photo files

rebooted 3 times.

2 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Thank you. Try to change the default save location to local iPad and see if you can replicate it. 

opened fresh new file with default save location on ipad. periodically, selecting fonts causes it to crash. the issue persists with ipad as the new save location. could it be a font and brush issue?

It might be. Have you got any font management apps? You can try to disable one half at a time and see if it still happens. 

5 hours ago, GabrielM said:

It might be. Have you got any font management apps? You can try to disable one half at a time and see if it still happens. 

i didn’t know there are font management apps for ipad. which one do you suggest? 

We cannot recommend any 3rd party apps I'm afraid. Just out of interest. How many fonts have you added?

Can you also attach the crash report? You can find it in Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data . 

2 hours ago, GabrielM said:

We cannot recommend any 3rd party apps I'm afraid. Just out of interest. How many fonts have you added?

Can you also attach the crash report? You can find it in Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data . 

there is no way to see upfront how many i installed on the ipad.

i do not see where that privacy section is on the ipad. please guide me again. i simply don’t see it.  

19 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Like the OP, I haven’t been able to find any font management apps for iPad. I like and use Florian Schimanke’s AnyFont to install font profiles, but it isn’t a font manager.

16 hours ago, iambia said:

there is no way to see upfront how many i installed on the ipad.

Go to ‘Settings > General > Profiles’ for fonts installed globally, or ‘Preferences > Fonts’ within either of the Affinity apps for fonts installed only for use in that particular app.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

On 1/10/2019 at 8:49 AM, GabrielM said:

I did a clean install on the iPad then reinstalled Affinity Photo & Design. Will see what happens now.