You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tab key bug

With a text frame selected and the Text Frame panel open, I typed a number in the Left field, then pressed the tab key, which moved the focus to the spin buttons for the control (expected behavior). I pressed the tab key again, expecting the focus to move to the next field (Right), but this didn't happen. Instead, all controls and panels disappeared. Pressing the tab key again brought them back, however the focus stayed on the spin button. It never moved to the next control. Pressing shift-tab would occasionally move the focus back to the preceding field.

I've had this happen on two different macs, one running Sierra , the other running High Sierra. I've tried with multiple documents on each machine with the same results.

Hope this makes sense.  

When the tab key is not used to enter text or switch fields, the Affinity apps default to having it toggle the visibility of the studio panels, so if for some reason the application was not registering the tab as a field change, the rest of that behavior makes sense.

That said, it sounds like it should have been registering it as a field change.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.