You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher impositioning?

Hi, I used to use PagePlus on my PC to create multipage A5 centre stapled booklets printed via my Desktop printer on A4 paper. PagePlus would create imposition PDF files that I could then save or print to produce the booklets. PagePlus's ability to sort the pages into order - including putting the front page and back page together made life a dream.

I can't see how to end up with the same result  using Affinity Publisher on my iMac.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Hal.

Edited by oldwestern
wrong software specified

See: Designer Export multipage pdf???

Further the upcoming (actually in beta) Publisher version might be better suited for these tasks and then probably do resemble PagePlus better here than Affinity Designer.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

25 minutes ago, oldwestern said:

So sorry v-kyr,

I was wrong to say Designer - it was the latest version of Publisher that I used.

Just so you know, discussions of Publisher should take place in the separate group of Publisher forums. Possibly one of the moderators will move this when they notice it :)

At this point, Publisher can print booklets, but I don't think it provides the ability to export a PDF already imposed as a booklet. You might be able to use a Print to PDF driver, though, to create one while telling Publisher to print a booklet.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem with version 1.83.641, I created a 16 page test publication with just numbers on each page rather than waste my time importing text and photographs to a publication and tried both printing and exporting, none were a patch on PagePlus or Microsoft Publisher, both of which arrange first and last pages as first side. The best I got was page 1 on the left half of a sheet, page 2 on the right side of a sheet and page 3 plus page 16 on the third print.

Despite the support and explanations my version does NOT show short side fold and has no option for not being double-sided, I tried to setting the printer to a Foxit PDF printer and changing the Custom to PDF but to no avail. 

TEST.afpub TEST.pdf