Marek Michalski

Some elements of interface in Russian

When Russian keyboard layout is added (not as default one), the language of interface changes into Russian. It's easy to change it back to English, of course, but some elements (like "Save As", "Open" and "Place" windows) remain Russian.

Affinity Designer Open window.jpg

Hi,

I've added new keyboard layout in System Preferences. Finder windows are in Polish, as it's my default language. This strange behaviour appears only in Affinity Designer, even after removing Russian layout.

Thanks,

Marek

That's weird. The File > Open dialogue is using the Finder app, that that's why I've asked if a new finder window is fine. Have you tried to reboot your mac? 

I've checked other applications using this type of Open dialogue ("free" windows, not drawers). MS Office apps, Audacity, SketchUp 2017 and VLC are unaffected. Reboot doesn't help.

Try this. Close Designer. 

Open Finder. Click on Go > Go to Folder > ~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner/Data/Library/Application Support/ and rename the "user" folder to user.backup . Start designer again and see if it's still wrong. 

Really strange. It sounds as if that's coming off a MacOS setting, rather than ours. 

Also, files edited in this version will not be backwards-compatible with the shipping 1.6 version. As such, we would not recommend using this 1.7 version for critical or production work at this stage.