You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RW2 files Not Displaying Correctly

I have two Panasonic cameras, a TZ100 and an FZ2000, both of which appear on the Affinity list. Yet raw files from these cameras will not display correctly in Affinity showing edge distortion and heavy vignetting on both outside edges. The lens correction makes no difference and the files have to be cropped to make them useable which is a complete pain.

Why is this?

Probably the lenses of those aren't supported yet in the lensfun database. - See and check ...

In case you are using APh under MacOS, you can try and see if the Apple RAW engine does possibly support these correctly (on OSX an APh setting can be switched to use Apple's RAW system engine instead of the Affinity one).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• Staff

Hi HarpyG :) 

As v_kyr has mentioned, your lens is not currently supported for lens correction, my apologies!

I'd recommend checking out our 1.7 beta, as this has an updated library for both RAW and lens correction and may work better for you. 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/61-affinity-photo-beta-forums/

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)