You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity affiliate scheme

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I wonder if such a program would require them to jack up the price. I mean they are basically one of the cheapest "pro" software out there as it is. I guess if version 2.0 is more expensive AND they release a referral program, then we'll know the answer.

Personally I refer people when when I think it might work for them, whether there is a program or not.

Affiliate programs are just another form of marketing. What might otherwise be spent on ads would go as a commission to the affiliate instead. It can be a win-win if the affiliates bring in new people who might not hear of the software from other channels. It's not a big deal to me. I just thought if there was one, I'd take advantage of it.

It seems interesting to me, that people, asking for and affiliate program, often are „newbies“ (1 or 2 posts here).

What I am asking myself: If these users are that convinced with the Affinity apps, why aren‘t they more active in these forums? Or is the call for affiliate programs simply a way to make easy money? (Don‘t want to offend anyone; it is simply a question …)

13 hours ago, pixelstuff said:

I wonder if such a program would require them to jack up the price. I mean they are basically one of the cheapest "pro" software out there as it is. I guess if version 2.0 is more expensive AND they release a referral program, then we'll know the answer.

Personally I refer people when when I think it might work for them, whether there is a program or not.

I don't know why the price would increase. The Apple & Windows stores take a cut for their sales (I would imagine).

• Staff
2 hours ago, MikeW said:

The Apple & Windows stores take a cut for their sales (I would imagine).

they certainly do and it is considerable

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

14 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

they certainly do and it is considerable

Which would likely make an affiliate program, a bit of guerrilla advertising, cost effective. At least if a restriction was placed on it that sales were handled by the Serif store (wouldn't know about the others anyway).

That said, I do (once upon a time did) know the numbers of a company with an affiliate program still going on after 25 years or so. The actual numbers are/were pretty dismal so I don't think its worthwhile due to management costs.

• Staff

As you (and possibly others here)may well know Serif ran an affiliate scheme for the legacy range for 20 years, so we are aware how to do it and what the profit margins are, and how to run them. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

46 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

As you (and possibly others here)may well know Serif ran an affiliate scheme for the legacy range for 20 years, so we are aware how to do it and what the profit margins are, and how to run them. 

Nope. I didn't remember and meant nothing disparaging. It wasn't Serif I was referring to...

• Staff

oh, I didn't think it was... nothing intended on my behalf either

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am arguing right now for Affinity with an Adobe die hard on Facebook.
10K+ followers posts on the topic and NO affiliate link. Common marketing!

We need to make you guys enough money so we can get Serif Web Plus to Affinity Web Weaver
(It's the new bootstrap web design software you guys need to make.)
:-)

5 hours ago, Daniel Tanguay said:

We need to make you guys enough money so we can get Serif Web Plus to Affinity Web Weaver
(It's the new bootstrap web design software you guys need to make.)

Hmm, is that in the works? I hadn't thought about that. Although if it does happen, I hope it's not tied to Bootstrap. Not everyone uses that framework. 

• Staff

@Daniel Tanguay

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

12 hours ago, vwatson said:
18 hours ago, Daniel Tanguay said:

....so we can get Serif Web Plus to Affinity Web Weaver

Hmm, is that in the works?

No, it's just wishful thinking from Daniel

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 3 weeks later...