You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No thumbnail in Acdsee with files saved in 1.7.0 beta. Files saved in release show thumbnail in Acdsee

For years already I use AcdSee as DAM and was very pleased when starting with version 1.5 of AP this DAM could work with .afphoto files (this means could show miniatures and send Pictures to AP for processing there). This is no longer valid in 1.7 beta. Is there a chance to "renew" that useful friendship? AcdSee still shows .afphoto as supported file format.

By the way: Latest changes in 1.7 (e.g. menu system) are not yet reflected in online documents and video tutorials so far. Would be a help for testing.

• Staff

Hi hy13,

I'll get this post moved over to the Photo Beta section of the Forums as this relates to the beta.  But i can confirm, files saved in 1.6 of Affinity show the thumbnail in Acdsee and ones saved in 1.7 just show up in Acdsee as the Affinity icon.  

• Staff

Hey hy13,

I can also confirm this. I've checked on Windows and macOS and both seem affected. I'm not sure what's changed this but I'll chase it up with the developers for you.

The online documentation is in the process of being updated :) 

• 3 months later...

It is now mid April 2019. No update posted. Has nothing changed? I use Affinity as my heavy editor. ACDSee works fast on Olympus raw files (known to be slow in LR and PS), but my version (Build 5.2 for Mac OS) shows neither thumbnail nor photo (fortunately, it opens a double-clicked file icon in Affinity Photo for viewing there).

• Staff

The latest Windows beta 293 has a modified thumbnail provider that has its dependencies fixed. That may have been the problem. Please resave in the latest beta and let us know, thanks

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 month later...

I'm new to affinity, I bought photo, designer, preordered publisher, I only had a few images saved in photo 1.6, these thumbnails appear in ACD see correctly. Since the update to 1.7 all I see is icons. The icons look surprisingly similar and it's hard to tell which photo you will be opening.
I will buy your DAM when you launch but please fix this in the meantime.
Thanks, Michael

ThumbProb.jpg

Hallo everybody, i'm using acdsee as the main tool to catalog, organize, search images. Is there any way to solve this "problem"  with thumbnails in version 1.7  or will I have to switch to AFP 1.6 back againg ? 

Thank you

Ciao

Matteo

5 hours ago, Miromike said:

Does anybody in this company respond to posts and actually do anything, or is this just a place for unhappy customers to blow off steam? 

I understand you wanting your problem fixed, but that was uncalled for, man. The thread had already got three separate responses from employees before your comment even showed up. I'm pretty sure they know it is an issue.

@hy13 / @JosephFOtero / @Miromike / @SandM Has anyone in this thread reported the issue to AcdSee? Our thumbnails work within Windows Explorer, so AcdSee must be manually acquiring the thumbnails from our files, i.e. not using our thumbnail provider that we ship with the application (though without speaking to their developers I'm only guessing). Unfortunately it's not our responsibility to fix bugs or update features in other people's software...

Mark, Thanks so much for the response. Yes I have worked with ACDSee and sent them files, 1 that worked and one that didn't so they can compare. They acknowledged a problem and passed it to their tech team.

I so much want this to work, ACDSee and Affinity Photo make a good team if we can get this fixed.(until you guys get an Affinity DAM that works even better!!!) lol

Thanks again,

Michael

I wish there was support for Affinity files in FastStone image viewer. I asked them for it but no answer so far. I was using ACDSee but with time it became this slow hog and all in one solution. I guess I stopped using it when they have added calendar :D
Are there other windows image viewers that support Affinity files?

1 hour ago, nezumi said:

Are there other windows image viewers that support Affinity files

XnViewMP, for one, will display the thumbnail.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4

• 3 months later...

Hallo

Upgraded to ACdsee photo studio 2020 and thumbnails generated with Affinity photo 1.7.2  are back again.

Then today upgraded to Affinity  photo desk vers. 1.7.3  and it seems they are not visible !

I'm really confused.

So I'll have to downgrade once again.

Ciao

Matteo

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.