You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Create ICC profile fod DSLR camera to use for RAW processing

Dear Affinity users!

I use Capture One and currect versions are not supporting my new camera Pentax K1 II. I want create ICC profile for RAW processing in Capture One with Affinity Photo for this camera. Can any of us get me additional information how start with it and where I can find more technical details about ICC to go Affinity Photo and create my custom one ICC? I found information that profile can be created in any graphic software so as happy Affinity Photo user I want create one.

Thank you!

Try to use the cams DNG format instead. - ICC profiles are used and not created with software like Capture One and Affinity Photo, in order to create an ICC profile you would need some appropriate calibration tools and software.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

You are mixing up a camera sensors RAW (.PEF, .DNG) format and ICC (a settings file format for color translations) profiles here. - RAW files themself don't have any associated color space (icc/icm color profile), only when you develop these inside a RAW converter, the RAW converter software will let you choose to supply/add a color space to work in. So to say a software working color space for developing the RAW file in and then later to export with in JPG/TIFF etc.

So I assume you meant instead that the .PEF RAW file format of your "Pentax K1 II" isn't supported yet by the software you named above (C1, APh). But luckily your Pentax K1 II" can save as DNG files too, so you should be able to make use out of these DNG files in either software.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

59 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

You are mixing up a camera sensors RAW (.PEF, .DNG) format and ICC (a settings file format for color translations) profiles here. - RAW files themself don't have any associated color space (icc/icm color profile), only when you develop these inside a RAW converter, the RAW converter software will let you choose to supply/add a color space to work in.

It seemed to me that @affi.usr was asking about camera calibration, as discussed in this article (and others that Google or other search engines can find).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

24 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

It seemed to me that @affi.usr was asking about camera calibration, as discussed in this article (and others that Google or other search engines can find).

Maybe don't know or then misunderstood his primary concern. - Since from the first sentense I had somehow a slightly different impression ...

I use Capture One and currect versions are not supporting my new camera Pentax K1 II.

... however the OP can clarify and let us know what he meant concrete here.