You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

any "select tools" besides "marque"? (constrain aspect ratio)

@matt, @andy,

your reply in https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/560-selection-marqu%C3%A9-tools-constrain-aspect-ratio-and-slow-speed/&p=2336 does irritate me.

I don't see any tool called "select" besides a various marque tools in pixel mode – whereas a beta mail mentioned "Select tool ... constrain aspect ratio" and matt asked/replied "I assume" concerning my initial question.

Just in case Affinity has more than the the rich bunch of Marque Tools of pixel mode ("persona"? :) you might want to consider to define/name them accordingly in the later manual & online help. (compare 2 screenshots attached: "marque", "selection")

(i'll check in next beta: marque: constrain aspect ratio – and let you know here)

post-271-0-61632500-1408388452_thumb.jpg

post-271-0-20572300-1408388458_thumb.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

Hi thomaso,

I'm genuinely really sorry if I've upset you in any way - it's certainly not my intention at all and both myself and Andy were just trying to help :) If any confusion has come about because of the beta email mentioning the 'Select tool' then that is completely my fault and I apologise - it was our name for the 'Move Tool' for the last few years before we changed to call it the 'Move Tool' just before beta and I've obviously made a mistake and referred to it as the Select tool in the beta update email the other week.

Again, I'm very sorry for any confusion or upset, I certainly didn't mean to! :)

Matt

> if I've upset you in any way

no, you did not. Also,  -_- , I feel sorry if my reaction did sound like beeing upset.

I just got confused and/but felt shure you want to be informed about any such users' insureness. This is what 'beta' is about, right?

However, just pls make shure not to 'surprise' any not [fixed] issue or wording in the a beta.

btw: I am a youngtimer in this forum: there are posts about 'beta 5'. – Long time ago? I experience beta names like "17644" or "18089".

I feel shure it would help anyone if you would use one strictly consequent naming for beta versions. And for any users posting, too, if needed. Up to you: forums structure: by beta? = by date ? Shure?

> forums structure: by beta? = by date ? Shure?

Unfortunately I had added some questions about a totally different topic above. The quoted question meanwhile got sort of answered by TonyB: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/762-does-a-beta-update-overwrite-previous-beta-behavior/&p=2683