You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help Please with turning a "coloring page" so background is transparent

I hope someone can please guide me to turn my " adult coloring pages" "mandala" or Zentangle images transparent back grounds. I have read and reread loads of things on this forum I have tried what people say to do but it has become all quite confusing to me as I am running it all together now. I have had no luck with doing what I need. I use a Cricut Machine so when I export my image and try to load it on Design Space it is always a massive file and the white background is still there. I could manually take them out on design space. I used Inkscape which many of you know you can trace the bitmap and take out the background quite easily. for the life of me I can not figure this out. I am sure I am doing something simple wrong. There is no particular  image I need done just want to learn to make the pages or drawings transparent. I have a Macbook Air it is running the latest software for it as well. 

• Staff

Hi texasqueenie74 and Welcome to the Forums,

If you open the image in Designer you can use the Blend Ranges to remove the white background.

Select the layer and then click on the cog icon thats on the Layers panel, just before the Lock icon and this will bring up the Blend Ranges.  Under Source Layer Ranges, drag the last point down, so it looks like the attached screenshot.  That should remove the white background. 

Screenshot 2019-01-08 at 09.00.15.png