yesnaspanishtown

Can't close Affinity Designer

I have installed Affinity Designer on both my work computer and home computer. I cannot close out Affinity Designer on my work computer (Windows PC). I am getting the following error message:

"At least one file is currently being opened. Please wait for files to load before quitting the application."

I have closed every file. I have shut down my PC and restarted, then re-opened Affinity designer. No error message upon re-opening. But when I'm done and ready to close again, the error message reappears. Currently Affinity Designer has been open several weeks on my PC because I don't want to reboot my computer every time I want to close Affinity.

I do not have this problem on my home PC. 

Thanks for your help.

Affinity message.PNG

Hi yesnaspanishtown,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Please check if there's any file on this folder:
C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Designer\1.0\temp\

If so move the files there to a desktop folder and delete them from the temp folder I listed above. Affinity should then close without issues. Can you then please upload these files using this link for us to check out? Thanks.

Hi, MEB!

We followed your instructions as requested and linked the only file that was deleted. However, we still cannot close Affinity Designer. Thanks so much for your help! By the way, I'm a 60-year old grandmother who is a self-teaching would-be graphics designer. I love the Affinity Suite! Thanks for all you do!