Emar

Cloning tool nothing happens (Emar)

Hi, I'm new to this, so bear with me. I recently updated Affinity Photo, all went well or so I thought. When I went to use the Cloning tool nothing happens. I Alt clicked as normal but it isn't picking anything up to clone, any ideas, please. As far as I know, the other tools are working OK. Regards Emar

Hi Emar,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Make sure you have the correct layer selected in the Layers panel (it should be identified as a pixel layer between parenthesis after the layer's name in the Layers panel) - not an adjustment, filter or something else. Also make sure the Flow and Opacity of the Clone Brush Tool are not set to 0% in the context toolbar. If it still doesn't work please post a screenshot of the app with the Layers panel, with the layer you want to clone from and the Clone Brush Tool selected.

Hi MEB,

Thanks for your help. I've tried the Clone Brush again and again, sometime it works other times not. It worked perfectly before I downloaded the update recently. Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong, the Healing brush is working fine. Here's the Screenshot . Hope this is OK, Emar.image.thumb.png.83a37324a8404c3a06ddf1c10c63eda7.png

That screenshot shows the Healing Brush Tool is selected

Where's the screenshot for the Clone Brush Tool (so we can see the settings)

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Hi MEB,

Where can I find the Clone Brush settings? Here's the screenshot with the Clone Brush selected. Emarimage.thumb.png.9a861470b6814133b660c584e26e0f2f.png

Hi Emar,
The Clone Brush Tool settings are located in the context toolbar (right above the work area) - note that the context toolbar options change depending on the tool you have currently selected. Currently you have the Blend mode set to Lighten (the dropdown located on the left of the Aligned Source checkbox), change it to Normal and it should work as you'd expect.