You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"View > Studio" menu inaccessible in Designer Beta 1.7.0.209

As soon as I hover over "Studio", something blinks on the top-right of the Designer Window, followed by immidiate disappearing of the previously expanded "View" main menu.

This makes it impossible to show any sub windows like Assets. I did find any workarounds.

Windows 7 x64

HI SlavaUX

Sounds like something is pulling focus away from the menu causing it to close, but It's not something I have been able to replicate so far. Do you have anything running in the background at all and sort of manager for keyboards or monitors or clipboards? Also what monitor resolution and Windows scaling are you using?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chris, good news and bad news. I am no longer able to reproduce this issue, as it was magically gone after I switched between Personas once. So I am able and fully using the 1.7, but I can no longer debug it for you.

No, I have no additional keyboard/clipboard related software running. Possible interference may come from Display Fusion Pro or Kaspersky Internet Security. I can think of nothing else running on my workstation that would mess with the focus. The extraordinary thing was that the issue was only with that specific submenu and occurred only when you try to expand it by hovering.

I'm on Lenovo Thikpad W541 laptop @ FHD screen, no scaling.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.