You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copying and pasting multiple items

Hi,

In Publisher 1.7.0.206, to reproduce part of a design I tried selecting, copying, pasting, and then moving multiple items at once. This seemed to scatter the items all over the page as I moved them. Grouping the same items before copying and pasting worked as expected without problem.

Regards,
Nigel

Hi NigelH

Are you able to provide any more information about this? What objects were you using? How were they positioned? Where were you copying and pasting from/to. Do you have a file that shows the issue or a video you can provide of the issue occurring for us to look into?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris,

I've attached a file as the project was when I had the problem. It's some bookmarks to be printed on a local colour laser, then cut. It's designed four-up on an A4 page.

The design for side one is done. If you select all (the trim marks are locked), copy and paste, then try to drag the copy to one of the other positions on the same page you'll see the problem. Trying it again there's an outline that seems to roughly follow the cursor, but a solid image that flies off on its own.

As I said, if you group the objects there's no problem.

Hope this helps.

Nigel

Bookmark Test.zip

Thanks for the File NigelH

This is mainly down to the symbols for the picture frame and rectangle so moving the position of one is moving the position of them all. If you bring up the Symbols panel and turn sync off it should behave itself in the way you expect alternatively as there does not seem to be a need for the symbol functionality in your design you can select the symbol layers and press detach on the symbols panel to make them not symbols anymore

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.