Pattou

Fusion of pixel layers : troubles with subsequent modifications

Hi,

It happened several times. I have (bottom to top) a fill layer, a pixel layer (original photo in tiff) with a mask and a pixel layer with some corrections (inpainting, cloning).

(1) If I merge all the visible layers and work on it (dodge, blend, etc.), it is fine.

(2) However, if I first merge the layer with the inpainting modifications with the lower layer (photo with the mask) and then merge all the visible layers (well, two plus a mask), all the subsequent modifications are not saved.

Patrick

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 32 Go

Hi Pattou

Can you provide any examples of what you are seeing? I've tried it here and it seems ok, any changes i make after are applying fine, but there is most likely some step or something I am missing

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

16 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Hi Pattou

Can you provide any examples of what you are seeing? I've tried it here and it seems ok, any changes i make after are applying fine, but there is most likely some step or something I am missing

Cheers

Hi Chris,

I am afraid I can not provide any examples since when it happens, I can only close the file, start again and do not fuse any layer afterwards. It does not happen all the time and I may do a step I can not recall right now. When it happens, there is a lag when inpainting (or cloning) and there is no typical red color at the tip of the inpainting brush. I will test further layers fusion and send you the file when/if it will happen again.

Cheers,

Patrick

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 32 Go