You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Presets for blend ranges

Please add customizable presets to blend ranges. I use them a lot, e.g. to protect highlights while sharpening the image or in order to restrict noise reduction to dark areas of the image. This means I have to set the same "curve" for blend ranges over and over again with no way to save my settings for further use with other layers and in other images.

Not exactly a “preset,” but save them as Macros.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

If you File > Place an image rather than directly opening it, it will remain an image layer in the Layers panel.

You can add Blend ranges, other adjustment etc and once done hit the Replace Image button and all those settings are applied to the replacement image(s)

Not sure of your workflow but the above may be useful as long as none of the "adjustments" you need to do force an automatic rasterisation of the image layer

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

9 hours ago, altae said:

Please add customizable presets to blend ranges. I use them a lot, e.g. to protect highlights while sharpening the image or in order to restrict noise reduction to dark areas of the image. This means I have to set the same "curve" for blend ranges over and over again with no way to save my settings for further use with other layers and in other images.

+1

8 hours ago, carl123 said:

If you File > Place an image rather than directly opening it, it will remain an image layer in the Layers panel.

You can add Blend ranges, other adjustment etc and once done hit the Replace Image button and all those settings are applied to the replacement image(s)

Not sure of your workflow but the above may be useful as long as none of the "adjustments" you need to do force an automatic rasterisation of the image layer 

This does not help me as I use blend ranges for adjustment layers and live filters.

altae...

Have a look, if you like, at a set of Luminosity Masks for Adjustments & Filters (link below). This may solve your problem. Instead of creating a Preset for each specific Blend Options curve, record it as a 1-step macro. Use the "Underlying Layer" side of the Blend Options graphs, and this takes its cues from the layers underneath the adjustment/filter that need masking. Of course, these are luminosity masks – you obviously have other, more personal and specific curves that you use. I offer the macros below as an example.

Luminosity Blend Options for Adjustments.afmacros.zip

- smadell

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

Thanks for your input. I know that there are ways to workaround the issue. But most of them involve almost as many clicks as simply setting the curves (my curves are not too complicated). I just wish there was a way to save my curves so I could use them whenever appropriate.