You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hello everybody,

I am the point shown clearly, I think, in the screenshot. made a pixel layer, fill with50 gray level, overlay mode. Dodge doe not work. I tried everything, changing brush, black white but no dodge, changed the brush parameters to 100% but no results.

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 9.13.22 PM.png

Works here, try another brush and tonal range setting (highlight, shadow) in order to see if it is due to that.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

19 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

Works here, try another brush and tonal range setting (highlight, shadow) in order to see if it is due to that.

I saved the file and opened in v1.7 and dodging with the same brush in the same pixel layer worked immediately. Problem was that after a few strokes the spining wheel appeared and the application got slower and slower to a  practically uncontrollable situation. I posted about this heavy problem on the v1.7 forum. BTW in my experience both versions are having big problems with brushes (Mojave?) mainly in smudge and dogge mode. It is not just a little setting.

8 minutes ago, srg said:

BTW in my experience both versions are having big problems with brushes (Mojave?) mainly in smudge and dogge mode. It is not just a little setting.

Is your installation of Mojave an upgrade from an older macOS version? Or is it a brand new installation? 

Hmm, don't use the v1.7 betas and the OSX version I run is much older here (old hardware), thus can't say if it is due to Mojave or the betas in general.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

it is anupgrade but practically, as apple works, I believe it is  like a new installation. Furthermore a couple of weeks ago I have been working with apple support to fix a problem i had, a very old file that I locked years ago on a previous imac, and that now i couldnot  unlock to trash it. They ended up reinstalling Mojave as a new installation and doing things I cannot remember/describe.  A real pain in the neck.

Make sure you don't have the 50% grey set as your paint colour, easily done. Copied your brush settings and worked for me using Black, white or shades thereof.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Ok here I am again. This in the screen shot is a file (AP v1.67) I was working till a few min ago.To avoid any possibility of 50% gray or not I started with the smudge tool directly on the duplicated layer I named DAUB watercolor (it should be said that often writing in the title of a layer is a problem because the first letter goes well and the second erase everything and so on) and everything seemed fine till...well till the smudge tool stopped working. At that point I tried on the pixel layer (perfectly gayed) and nothing again. So here I am. I will save with history if anybody is interested in the AP staff.

I did not have problem like so before Mojave so my idea is that there are incompatibilities between AP and the new apple OS which I believe are there also in v1.7

Best to all.

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 7.54.55 PM.png