Ingwe DK

Delete button at Guide Manager Inactive

I opened the Guide Manager at Affinity Designer because dragging it out just move to minus zero instead of deleted it. So, in the Guide Manager the delete button was inactive until a created a new guide.

In essence, dragging the guide back onto the ruler did delete it. That's why you couldn't delete it from the manager.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404

6 hours ago, Ingwe DK said:

I opened the Guide Manager at Affinity Designer because dragging it out just move to minus zero instead of deleted it. So, in the Guide Manager the delete button was inactive until a created a new guide.

Deleting a single guide is  a known problem in 1.6, looks to be fixed in the 1.7 beta

(Windows)

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

19 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

In essence, dragging the guide back onto the ruler did delete it. That's why you couldn't delete it from the manager.

No, it doesn't work the way you said. That's exactly what I'm reporting. When I drag the guide back to the ruler it just move to a negative number and I realized it because I entered the Guide Manager and the guide was there. And yes, you can delete a guide from the Manager, otherwise why is there a DELETE button?

Hi Ingwe DK,

As Carl123 mentioned there is a known issue deleting guides using the Guide Manager that has been fixed in 1.7. In the mean time as a workaround if you select an existing guide in the Guides Manager and click 'Create New Guide' it will enable the button allowing you to delete the existing one.

However as Walt mentioned I can delete guides by dragging them over the ruler see attached video.