You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi people!

I'm new Affinity designer user and it's amazing. So I have been working with Adobe Photoshop for Silk Screen Process. In Photoshop we convert a BitMap image into Gray Scale and then into HalfTones. My question is, How can I do that in Affinity Photo or Designer?

I really want to leave the Adobe Suit.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Eugénio_Bernardo said:

we convert a BitMap image into Gray Scale and then into HalfTones

This sounds a bit weird; I would assume you to have a colour image > greyscale > halftoned bitmap.

Affinity cannot create 1-bit bitmaps truly, though it can export to 1-bit formats (but it always applies dithering). Also, it cannot really control the halftone lpi value in printing, though this may be addressed with printer driver. 

Users may recommend using halftone filter but that just produces halftone effect, not true 1-bit bitmap. Possibly that can be processed to useful printing file.

I hope practising silk screen printers can offer more specific advice.

• 3 years later...

I’m a beginner in graphic design and I learned with affinity designer on my iPad great program great community I’ve been searching all day for a way to make my image halftone. This helps a lot thank you. 

there are also some online Tools for that

Here you can convert your Image (Bitmap)
to a Halftone Bitmap.
https://www.picturetopeople.org/image_effects/photo-halftone/halftone-image-generator.html

And here you could convert your Image (Bitmap) to Halftone, different shapes as well
and you could save the Result as .SVG (Vectorgraphic) to use it as vectors in Affinity Designer.
Download is in the upper right.
(this Tool was mentioned a while a go in the Affinty Forum)
https://labs.adobe.com/experiments/hello-halftones/