You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I was able to download Nik collections, but I have been trying to download my other plugins such as Topaz Studio and ON1 Raw 2019 software and they go straight to my Applications folder.  Is there a way to put them into Affinity plugins?  Very frustrated that I cannot use these plugins in Affinity.

You just need to tell Affinity where the plugin files are stored. In Photo, use Edit > Preferences then click on Photoshop Plugins. In the top frame, click on Add and navigate to the folder containing the 8bf plugin. On my PC it might be D:\Topaz Labs\ReMask\Plugins64. (Yours may be different). Then click on Select. You need to do this for each folder containing a plugin. 

Alternatively, you can move all your 8bf plugins to one folder under Affinity. Then you can just point to this one folder.

Having told Photo where your plugins are, click on Close. You will need to restart Photo.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

What @John Rostron said.

To add some other detail, I can confirm that the current version of Topaz Studio (which I downloaded recently as a complete trial version) works as both a standalone app, AND as a plugin in AP (it also works in Paintshop Pro 2019, which I tested as well).  I was impressed with Topaz Studio and if I had the $500 at hand to shell out, I'd love to get the whole thing and use it to clean up and beautify my whole photo collection.  It even has RAW editing now, though it appeared to be somewhat crippled in the trial version, so I'm unsure how well that works.  But I did use the trial version to cleanup and make the best of some crappy old JPEG files where I valued the contents but did not have a better lossless source file to use.  I thought Athentech Perfectly Clear was a pretty impressive plugin too as far as cleaning up those photos, but Topaz Studio is even better and having tried both, I'd probably only get Athentech as the 'budget' option.  Which I may end up doing anyway, since I'm unlikely to get approval from my, uhm, 'personal finance manager' :P to shell out $500 for Topaz. 

• 1 year later...

I have Paintshop Pro 2020.  It's a standalone app not a plugin, but it INCLUDES a few plugins, two of which I've already confirmed worked nicely with Affinity Photo.   They are:

* Pic-to-Painting (you download this one after installing PSP 2020).  I found the plugin file and was able to point to that in Affinity and get it working.  

* Particleshop.  This like a 'dynamic brush engine' that includes really fancy brushes.  This one works in many apps:  Photoshop, PSP 2020, and Affinity.