You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Swatch Palette Oddities

It would be great to add a Duplicate Palette… command to the Swatch Studio hamburger menu.

Thanks for all you do!

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Also, the workaround is to export the palette and then re-import it. When I exported the palette, ADbeta didn't honor the filename I gave it, and simply appended "2" to the original palette name.

Additionally, AD imports the colors in reverse, so the original #1 swatch becomes the last swatch in the new palette, the original #2 swatch becomes the second to last, etc. Both of these behaviors seem counterintuitive.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

Also, when toggling the Fill Context while having an object with different fill and stroke global colors selected, the Swatches Studio doesn't update to reflect the current color on the palette list.

• Staff

Hi Ronnie, thanks for passing these on I'll get them reported to development. However the Filename issue mentioned is by design - the palettes have an internal name which is used when importing rather than a filename. This is the same for other areas such as brushes and styles.

3 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Ronnie, thanks for passing these on I'll get them reported to development. However the Filename issue mentioned is by design - the palettes have an internal name which is used when importing rather than a filename. This is the same for other areas such as brushes and styles.

Thanks Sean! 

Why not honor the filename given to the palette? It just makes things confusing if one has multiple palettes loaded. Isn’t that the point of a filename, to be recognized and identified? 

• Staff
On 1/7/2019 at 1:27 PM, ronnyb said:

Thanks Sean! 

Why not honor the filename given to the palette? It just makes things confusing if one has multiple palettes loaded. Isn’t that the point of a filename, to be recognized and identified? 

I believe it is to give creators a bit more control over the names and avoids filename character limitations from the OS. It also means that if a customer chooses to rename the file then the pack/creator name isn't removed when it is re-added.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.