You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ADesigner : Changing multiple text elements at once, part of which are grouped?

Hi! 

I have a document with many different text layers in Designer — the text layers are grouped in various groups, some of them are not.
I want to select all the text layers and change the type size for all of them, but wherever the text is grouped, it doesn't seem to resize it or change it at all
the only way I can make it work is to select the actual text layers — and not the group.

Any way this could be remedied (aside from styles which I'm aware of)

Thanks!

If you select the texts on the drawing and not in the layer panel, you can modify the whole set at once.
To be able to act on all layers, activate the "Activate all layers" button at the bottom left of the Layers tab. 

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, cleggwd said:

I would like to be able to select the group in the layers panel and adjust the text inside the group

New in v1.9.x:
Select > Select Object > Art/Frame/Path Text

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2019 at 10:22 PM, Guest said:

If you select the texts on the drawing and not in the layer panel, you can modify the whole set at once.
To be able to act on all layers, activate the "Activate all layers" button at the bottom left of the Layers tab. 

I was not able to duplicate this behavior. If select text on the drawing, I got one text element selected and modified, not the whole set.

On 4/10/2021 at 6:12 PM, loukash said:

New in v1.9.x:
Select > Select Object > Art/Frame/Path Text

In this case all the text elements in the current document are selected, while I'm hoping to modify all the texts inside one group at a time.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:20 AM, cleggwd said:

I would also like this feature! I would like to be able to select the group in the layers panel and adjust the text inside the group.

I would also like this feature!  It's quite straight-forward in illustrator, I didn't expect  the necessity of work-arounds on this. Sure I can add text elements one by one to a selection, but in academic reports there are usually tens if not hundreds of text elements within one group, I was not even able to show all of them on the layers panel at once.

I just realized if I double click into a group then I can select all the elements inside that group on that hierarchy level, then I can modify all the text within the selection at once. Still, it's a lot of sing and dance to modify a bunch of texts pre-defined within a group.

@ZhangX

With the help of text styles, adjustments could be made without having to open the group levels and then select the text levels.
This would only be necessary if text layers had to be edited separately. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

2 hours ago, Komatös said:

@ZhangX

With the help of text styles, adjustments could be made without having to open the group levels and then select the text levels.
This would only be necessary if text layers had to be edited separately. 

Thank you. But when I selected a group (with text and other elements) and then click Text Styles->(some text style)->Apply to Characters, nothing happens to the texts. I probably missed some steps, is there a video or documentation where I can learn more about this?

Hi @ZhangX

What if you choose Update "xxxxxx"?

image.png.4fd6fa6155679c96899886a65d196bd7.png

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!