You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Use mouse scroll wheel to change slider values

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2019 at 8:05 PM, jordan paw said:

it's great to be able to dbl click on the slider to reset the value to default.

how about using the mouse scroll wheel to change the value of the slider?

TIA!

If you position your cursor over the numeric input field associated with the slider (or without a slider AFAIK), the scroll wheel changes the value. Shift scroll changes it faster. 

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

• 3 weeks later...

I landed here following a search for the same question. Click and drag the slider gives very good fine control, however placing the cursor over the numeric field and scrolling will only give whole point movement which is often far too coarse. Shift + scroll gives even coarser control with 5 point movements. Surely there must be a way to achieve good fine control with the scroll wheel as well?

30 minutes ago, rafikiphoto said:

I landed here following a search for the same question. Click and drag the slider gives very good fine control, however placing the cursor over the numeric field and scrolling will only give whole point movement which is often far too coarse. Shift + scroll gives even coarser control with 5 point movements. Surely there must be a way to achieve good fine control with the scroll wheel as well?

Agreed. Affinity needs to do some work on this so that the increment/decrement values make contextual sense. But for most numeric input fields it works well.

1 hour ago, rafikiphoto said:

Click and drag for the more dextrous amongst us is probably fine but for some of us oldies with arthritis and the like it can be painful at times. Scrolling is a much easier way for us. Capture One and LR manage it so I guess it must be possible.

I'm right there with you :). It's not only possible, it should be pretty easy to do - just change the increment value to match the numeric edit's range when the wheel is scrolled. I'm sure they'll get to this - SMOP (small matter of programming).

On 3/23/2019 at 11:55 AM, casterle said:

Agreed. Affinity needs to do some work on this so that the increment/decrement values make contextual sense. But for most numeric input fields it works well.

Yeah, definitely need to give us at least 2 decimal precision over single integer values like black point in RAW develop.   Although I would prefer two decimal precision in any input that has an integer range of 0 - 100 !!!!