You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The resemblance has been noted in an earlier thread:

For what it’s worth, I agree with those who think the differences outweigh the similarities.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 1/4/2019 at 12:38 PM, Alfred said:

The resemblance has been noted in an earlier thread:

For what it’s worth, I agree with those who think the differences outweigh the similarities.

But the differences in your revised profile name don’t outweigh the similarities.   Miss those distinctive characters!!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

2 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

But the differences in your revised profile name don’t outweigh the similarities.   Miss those distinctive characters!!

Thanks, Јэииіfэѓ. I’m afraid I succumbed to pressure to make it easier to ’tag’ me in forum posts, which essentially means sticking to Latin characters for at least the first half of my username. It’s too soon for me to change my display name again, but I might consider restoring the ‘яє∂‘ version of the second half at the next opportunity.

Alfred spacer.png

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

Thanks, Јэииіfэѓ. I’m afraid I succumbed to pressure to make it easier to ’tag’ me in forum posts, which essentially means sticking to Latin characters for at least the first half of my username. It’s too soon for me to change my display name again, but I might consider restoring the ‘яє∂‘ version of the second half at the next opportunity.

Please do!   It was wonderfully whimsical.   And how can I abscond with your excellent rendering of my name?   I will consider changing my username if so.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.

8 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

And how can I abscond with your excellent rendering of my name?

I have to confess that it isn’t my rendering! I got it (and ‘αℓƒяє∂‘) from here.

Please note my caveat about potentially inconveniencing other users who want to tag you in their posts.

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff

Please keep your usernames as much legible and clear (proper latin characters) as possible. Using non-common character symbols makes tagging and searching users/posts way more difficult than needed. Some characters also create issues with the search engine in the forum (missing /non-listed threads etc). Thanks for understanding.

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

I have to confess that it isn’t my rendering! I got it (and ‘αℓƒяє∂‘) from here.

Please note my caveat about potentially inconveniencing other users who want to tag you in their posts.

Might be a great idea!    Then I could blather without ‘the usual suspects” waiting to sort me out whenever I post something not quite up to snuff in the technical department.   (Or a dubious attempt to be funny in the sharing department!). Oh well.   Maybe not.

10 minutes ago, MEB said:

Please keep your usernames as much legible and clear (proper latin characters) as possible. Using non-common character symbols makes tagging and searching users/posts way more difficult than needed. Some characters also create issues with the search engine in the forum (missing/non-listed threads etc).

I will.  Just a passing thought on a cold winter day.   Alfred is quite right.  Thank you both.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.