You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stabilise brush strokes and faulty brush settings.

Hi again,

- Stabilise stroke

One thing that makes Krita, fireAlpaca and many others so good is the ability to stabilise brush strokes. When you draw it will smooth out any jittering. Not only is this good for painting but also writing signatures and such things. It could be as simple as having a checkbox in the brush settings or a slider with the amount of "help" needed.

- Wacom Pressure in mixer brush

Pressure for flow seems not to be working for the brush. In fact, the setting for flow is not doing anything at all for me. It does work for the normal brush and size with pressure etc is working for both of them.

- Brush velocity

This feature is awesome, but no matter how hard I try it will always produce a big (high velocity) blob when starting a stroke. Hopefully that is an easy fix

- Inverted brush settings

I love the fact that you have velocity as normal and inverted in brush settings; perhaps that could be done with pressure as well? Also; it would be nice if things like luminosity jitter in the brush settings could be inverted as well.

• 1 year later...

Hi again,

- Stabilise stroke

One thing that makes Krita, fireAlpaca and many others so good is the ability to stabilise brush strokes. When you draw it will smooth out any jittering. Not only is this good for painting but also writing signatures and such things. It could be as simple as having a checkbox in the brush settings or a slider with the amount of "help" needed.

Will be a 1.6 Feature  :)

Matt showed us a very nice imprementation for both Vector/Raster painting!

- Wacom Pressure in mixer brush

Pressure for flow seems not to be working for the brush. In fact, the setting for flow is not doing anything at all for me. It does work for the normal brush and size with pressure etc is working for both of them.

No info about improvements here... It is still missing dynamics...

This is what I've discovered about the Mixer Brush so far:

• No Flow
  • No Accumulation
  • Strength Ramp seems to be the one below
  • Opacity (via Colour Studio) acts as Flow should

ColourMixerBrush.jpg

- Brush velocity

This feature is awesome, but no matter how hard I try it will always produce a big (high velocity) blob when starting a stroke. Hopefully that is an easy fix

Yes, this ancient bug is still there...

Got some cool inks I cannot use properly yet...

- Inverted brush settings

I love the fact that you have velocity as normal and inverted in brush settings; perhaps that could be done with pressure as well? Also; it would be nice if things like luminosity jitter in the brush settings could be inverted as well.

You can use ramps easily to invert the curve 

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.