You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello all. I'm taking over the production of a magazine of at least 50 pages which has text and photos. We are thinking of using Affinity Photo and (eventually!) Publisher. I have a couple of questions:

There will be two of us producing the mag, one principally on text and one on the pictures. If we both have the Affinity software, will we able to see what the other is doing? Further to this, does it matter that I an on a Mac and my colleague uses Windows?

Thanks for your help, best regards

Joe

• Staff

Hi OJoe,

Welcome to the forums :)

Affinity doesn't currently support document or screen sharing, meaning 2 people can't actively work on the same document at the same time, apologies.

Outside of having to purchase separate licenses (they aren't transferable between platforms) there is no file compatibility issues to worry about when working on Mac or Windows, the document will look the same regardless of platform. I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thanks Dan. Rather than working on the same document at the same time, would we be able to see completed documents to check? How does this work? Do we send each other documents by email and just open them in Affinity?

Another question occurs to me. What do we do until the final version of Publisher is released? Would it be a mistake to attempt to prepare an issue using the beta version. I'm pretty new to this so would rather only have to learn one software! Thanks again for your help.

Joe

• Staff
3 minutes ago, OJoe said:

Do we send each other documents by email and just open them in Affinity?

That's correct, you can save the file in the native Affinity format and then transfer them between computers using whichever method is easiest for you :)

In terms of Publisher, as it's still in beta we don’t recommend you use it for any important production work at this time, however it's very unlikely for there to be an overhaul of UI or major features before release, so it's certainly safe to 'learn' Publisher before we release to retail.

Members on our forums have already used Publisher to publish full books (see below), so it's definitely possible! We just don't recommend it as beta software can be unpredictable at times.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...