You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF font problem

It looks like there may be some hidden characters in the text.

How was this text placed?

What is the source?

Does this still happen if you first paste the text into a text editor to remove any formatting, and then paste into the APub document?

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi fero lehocky,
Sorry for the delay in replying, however thank you very much for the files. I've tried to reproduce it and unfortunately I've been unable to even using the variation of Arial you have attached. The only thing I didn't do was set my Windows 10 up to be in Slovakian. From what I can see it looks like the ligature characters (particularly fl) are not being exported to PDF correctly and are instead just showing up as f. 

Could you try and reproduce this using the latest build of Publisher? If you can could you attach a screenshot of the PDF Export settings you are using (including all of the ones under 'More'). If it is replicable for you could you try adjusting the Embedding fonts option and trying it without embedding the font, and also with embedding the font, but not subsetting it.

Thanks,

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.