You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I would like to know if there is LUT or similar to convert the look and feel of RAW files in Affinity Photo. At present my RAW files look awful when opened in Affinity Photo. I love the program for photo editing and wanted to wean myself off LR, but at the moment that is difficult. Below (top) is an example of a file I opened in LR. It looks as I remember the scene when I took the photo. The image on the bottom was opened in Affinity Photo and as much as I tried I couldn't reproduce the pop and vibrance of the colours compared to LR.

Has anyone else found this issue? The RAW files come from a Panasonic G9. I'd be interested in presets to run when I open files to speed up time spent in the develop module.

Thanks in advance.

P1000285LR.JPG

P1000285Aff.JPG

Edited by Moss Piglet
correct references to attachments

Windows or MAC

AP version not mentioned !!!

In the beta 1.7.0.209 the Panasonic DC-G9  (if that's the one you're using) is on the list of supported RAW formats

SerifLabs Supported Raw Cameras (1.7.x) & Lens Correction list

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

Well APh as default opens RAWs in a let's say more neutral way (thus more dull looking), meaning here it doesn't apply any auto levels, brightness, contrast and presharpening to RAW images as other RAW converters do for certain vendor cams RAW files. You have to adjust these yourself (for a series of images under the same or similar lighting conditions) and make a preset for your cam for later reuse.

If you apply some adjustments you will get similar results.

test.thumb.jpg.b2afac81d909a5d04c38eb5a1058e7ec.jpg

For applying LUTs see ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Just a quick update. The beta looks good for these RAW files and I am looking forward to the formal update. Here's the file again from the beta version on Windows and with a small amount of developing in post. I just had to desaturate a little and raise the brightness. It now closely matches my recolection of the scene when I took  the photo.

APbeta.JPG