You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Non-standard keyboard shortcuts for end of line and end of word

Mac standard keyboard shortcut for moving the cursor to the end of the line is cmd+right arrow; moving to end of word is alt+right arrow. In APub, cmd+right arrow gives end of word, alt+right arrow does nothing. Is this deliberate, or a bug? I find it really confusing, as it's a shortcut I've got used to, and use quite often.

On 1/3/2019 at 8:48 AM, RevDC said:

Mac standard keyboard shortcut for moving the cursor to the end of the line is cmd+right arrow; moving to end of word is alt+right arrow. In APub, cmd+right arrow gives end of word, alt+right arrow does nothing. Is this deliberate, or a bug? I find it really confusing, as it's a shortcut I've got used to, and use quite often.

21 hours ago, Mgam said:

I agree. The non-standard use of shortcuts in all of Affinity's apps drive me crazy. Please follow the common shortcuts guidelines for the Mac (and Windows)

This is surely not a “bug.”   Have you had time to look  at PREFERENCES>Shortcuts?    You can easily change any of them to conform to your customary work  habits.    Hope that helps.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

As far as I can tell there's no way to get the standard text editing shortcuts in Affinity through the keyboard shortcut preferences. I have tried.

♥️Affinity v2; macOS 14; ⌨️🖱; recreational user since 2014.

On 1/3/2019 at 3:48 PM, RevDC said:

Mac standard keyboard shortcut for moving the cursor to the end of the line is cmd+right arrow; moving to end of word is alt+right arrow. In APub, cmd+right arrow gives end of word, alt+right arrow does nothing

In layout apps this is different. CMD-arrow moves cursor by words, ALT-arrow adjusts kerning.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.