Leonardo Fiori

App not clearing storage | STORAGE BUG

As the title says, the app is not clearing storage when i close the documents!!

To test this i exported to the files app all the documents, moved the documents to the folder of an app i use to transfer files via WiFi and so i transfered them to my External HDD.

Then i deleted (closed) all the documents in the Affinity Photo dashboard.

The app is still using an insane amount of disk space. This is unacceptable.

D160C75B-3311-4B32-8637-59C5DA15486C.png

D3272C45-B920-46F1-8AED-3AEE97EED453.png

875A6A08-D2FA-4996-A604-26A56BADFF9B.png

Using an iPad Pro 12,9” 2018, 1Tb, latest iOS version

I too have always noticed this about both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo on my iPad Pro. Both apps take up the most space than any other app surpassing Hearthstone, Photos and Vainglory and I don't have but two or three documents in each app.

image.png.3c3c2ce8f4c4c6dedb635b5849559ab0.png

15 hours ago, Brett Stebbins said:

I too have always noticed this about both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo on my iPad Pro. Both apps take up the most space than any other app surpassing Hearthstone, Photos and Vainglory and I don't have but two or three documents in each app.

This is clearly unacceptable :o

Hope they are going to fix this!

Hi @Leonardo Fiori,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Our developers are aware of this issue. Can you please try to create a blank document, save it, close the app and then re-open it. This should clear any cache. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Something that may be related to this. I was transferring some AP files from my old iPad Pro to a new one. I used the Files app to airdrop around 5 AP files to the new iPad and as soon as the transfer was complete, AP opens automatically but then crashes. I open it back up and the files are not in there but checking my disk space, around an additional 5GB is now being used by AP - the files were clearly there but I couldn't access them in the app even though I could see them in the Files app on the new iPad. I thought I would delete AP and reinstall it but I didn't realise that process would also delete the AP folder in Files so I lost the lot. The losing of the files I put down to Apple's Files app implementation.

Transferring the files one by one via Airdrop does work though so I'm assuming the initial crash was the app trying to open multiple files.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:32 AM, GabrielM said:

Hi @Leonardo Fiori,

Our developers are aware of this issue. Can you please try to create a blank document, save it, close the app and then re-open it. This should clear any cache. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

I am unable to try this because now the app does not increase in space usage.. the perfect opposite!

Now i have multiple files opened, i even created a black document in AP, but storage manager still shows 37kb used.

This part of the program is broken as hell

B963150A-584E-4E52-80F6-C604A0B1DFE7.png

9F1C382F-B1E9-4A9C-8C15-058B64CADEEB.png

On 1/8/2019 at 10:32 AM, GabrielM said:

Hi @Leonardo Fiori,

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Gabe,

I tried this this today after removing around half of my images in AP and noticing it still showed the app using nearly 6gb - same as before removing the images. 

Anything else we can try?

I'm afraid that's the only workaround our developers have suggested for the meantime, apart from uninstall / reinstall. But this will delete any custom settings/brushes/assets. You can export each from their studio. Click on the hamburger icon on the top right corner and choose "Export". 

Ok. Hopefully this is something that is addressed soon as it will cause a real issue for those with a lower capacity device. 

On 1/11/2019 at 9:45 AM, GabrielM said:

I'm afraid that's the only workaround our developers have suggested for the meantime, apart from uninstall / reinstall. But this will delete any custom settings/brushes/assets. You can export each from their studio. Click on the hamburger icon on the top right corner and choose "Export". 

Wow what a service. The app is just bad and your only answer is delete install again like we are gonna do this every 5 minutes... it’s unbelievable and the fix does not work... wasted money so I can have this app takes gigs of space with NO files in it

I see in the screen shots that Samples and Tutorials are turned on. I wonder if Affinity Photo has cached copies in sandbox?

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.150 Affinity Design 1.7.2.4 Publisher for iPad ?

I'm hoping this is up there as one of, if not the highest priority fix for the iPad. I haven't seen any new beta versions of late so no idea if there is a fix in progress.

I think devs are working on Desktop and Windows 1.7 Beta’s. iPad version doesn't seem so important at the moment (my perspective as a user of the iPad apps), based on not hearing anything official to the contrary. :/

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.150 Affinity Design 1.7.2.4 Publisher for iPad ?