You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Repeat Grid & One Click(Drag) To Place Image In All Shapes

1. Repeat Grid system like Adobe XD

Eg. If I make an UI section, grouped lot of elements, UI Grid features will repeat them vertically / horizontally with gutter space function.

2. Drag & Place Multiple Images in Selected Shapes

Eg. I have 10 circle, want to place avatar/profile picture in all the circle, I will select 10 images and will drag them to the selected shape and it will place all the images into the shapes. Doing it manually using place image tool takes a hell lot of time. (If possible - integration with stock image site to place image searching inside AD)

These are the most needed feature for all UI Designer. Just need only these features to completely switch from PS to AD.

7 hours ago, reglico said:

Hello Biswajit Das,

For point nr 2, you can use the symbols to place the image in all circles at the same time.

Symboles.gif

Thanks for the reply.

But it places same image on all shapes.

What if I want to place different images on each shape?

28 minutes ago, Biswajit Das said:

Thanks for the reply.

But it places same image on all shapes.

What if I want to place different images on each shape?

I'm really sorry, I misunderstood the question, if it exists, I don't know how to get what you're looking to do. 

• 2 years later...

To be fair and just to leave it on this thread...

I think it's called "power duplicating" where you need to copy your "object" with control / command + J.

Then you can for example move the copied object next to the original object, plus whatever spacing you desire.

Once that's done, for every time you press control J, the next duplicated objects will now copy that offset to the previous object (hopfully that makes sense)

This effectively acheives the same thing as the repeat grid in XD.

Probably there is a way to go back later and edit the spacing between these objects as you can with repeat grid, but I've not researched that far.

2 hours ago, Jyrimiah said:

Probably there is a way to go back later and edit the spacing between these objects as you can with repeat grid, but I've not researched that far.

There is no way to do so as quickly as with the repeat Grid. You have to manual adjust the space between the "columns" and "rows" of objects.

Best regards!