You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Two Minor Colour Picker Improvements

Hello,

I have two suggestions for the colour picker in the Colour & Swatches studios.

1. Hold option/alt to immediately apply the picked colour to the selected layers.
  2. Keep the loupe active when switching apps as long as the mouse button is held down. This is so we can easily pick colours from other windows without having to resize the Affinity window, pick the colour, and resize the window again.

Thank you for your consideration.

♥️Affinity v2; macOS 14; ⌨️🖱; recreational user since 2014.

Feature requests & improvements to existing ones should posted to the appropriate Feature Requests & Feedback forum. They may get overlooked if you post them here in the desktop questions forum.

BTW, I doubt your second suggestion is doable since each app must be able to control the pointer when it is the active app.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Oops, I was going to ask a question, and forgot to change to the other forum before posting that.

I think it could be possible because you can for example drag files and text between apps, and you can start dragging screenshots (⇧⌘4) in one app, command+tab to a different app and then when you release the mouse button it will capture the other app's windows. So there are examples of this functionality, but maybe this is something only Apple can do.

♥️Affinity v2; macOS 14; ⌨️🖱; recreational user since 2014.

16 minutes ago, hawk said:

I think it could be possible because you can for example drag files and text between apps ...

True, but that functionality is provided by the OS & while it is in use I don't think either app has direct control of the pointer. Maybe it is doable despite that, but if nothing else there are security issues to consider any time info is passed between apps, so the OS has to mediate this somehow.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7