You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo 1.7 crashes

I'm trying out the  AP beta on a Windows 7 laptop. I've been attempting to use a perspective projection, but it keeps shutting down with no error message. It's also crashed on other occasions; there doesn't seem to be any common factor here, and I haven't been able to report the problem in the usual way. I  have nothing else running apart from Windows Explorer to keep track of files.

• Staff

Hey Kasper-V,

I've been trying this for a while with an array of image types/sizes and it won't crash for me but there are a lot of reports logged with us about this crash. Most of them are marked as fixed but I'll just bump one that isn't. 

What size/type of image are you using—or does it happen with any image?

Just tried it on my Win 10 with 5-6 Mb pictures and I never had crash.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Tried around 10 small images on Win10...no crash

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.