You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Macro Export?

I have probably missed this.

Can I now, in 1.7, construct an 'export macro' or a number of them to choose from?

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

Hi Chris - I also ran up against this and downloaded 1.7 to no avail, in case more work had been done.  Your Macros did what I needed until I came up against the fact that they can't record an export. With a thousand pictures to run through the macro and out to export/save as, I was forced to revert to using that other program.

Please extend macros to include export/save/save as functionality.

4 hours ago, Don - NZ said:

Hi Chris - I also ran up against this and downloaded 1.7 to no avail, in case more work had been done.  Your Macros did what I needed until I came up against the fact that they can't record an export. With a thousand pictures to run through the macro and out to export/save as, I was forced to revert to using that other program.

Please extend macros to include export/save/save as functionality.

You should consider using batch processing in AP.

See this video : https://vimeo.com/192599431

6 hours ago, steday said:

Well!!!!!  "Bu***r" Me!!!!!!!!!!!

How long have I Benn cursing the 'No Export Macro' and this has been just sitting there all that time!!!!!!!!

All the hours wasted doing one at a time.

Jeeeeez what a dummy.  Doooooooooooooooooooh.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

2 hours ago, Sharkey said:

Doooooooooooooooooooh

I believe it is written "D'oh". I do feel your pain at missing a perfect solution.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

14 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I believe it is written "D'oh". I do feel your pain at missing a perfect solution.

Now that is an indication of something - not sure what.

Old Bruce - you pick up on a cartoon character miss spelling but miss "Ben" spelling of 'been'?xD

3 hours ago, Sharkey said:

Now that is an indication of something - not sure what.

Old Bruce - you pick up on a cartoon character miss spelling but miss "Ben" spelling of 'been'?xD

"not sure what.": A wasted life? A mostly wasted life? A partly wasted life?

Regarding Ben/Benn/Been all I can say in my defence is D'oh! I learned a long time ago to never proof by myself anything that I had set.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

15 hours ago, steday said:

Hi Steday

The problem with a batch job is that it only exports, it does not work the photos over as well.

PS allows me to write a macro that:

1. Put a new layer at the top
  2. Compress everything into it (Shift, Ctrl, Alt & E)
  3. Stroke it with a red border
  4. Expand the background slightly (to stop Apple from over-zooming image on iPad)
  5. Nominate the expansion background colour
  6. Save the file to a specific folder, nominating jpg & quality
  7. Close the original psd without saving the changes

I then run the macro as a batch job in Adobe Bridge and only have to load the photos once.

Affinity 1.6 does 1,2,3,4 &7.  It does allow me to add an extra layer immediately below the compressed layer and fill that with black (as a workaround to point 5).

Affinity 1.7 Beta appears to no longer allows me to do even point 1, nor the Ver 1.6 workaround to point 5. Completely stymied at this stage, unless I have missed something.

In Affinity1.6, at best, I would have to load the images twice, once for tweaking the appearance and size (1,2,3,4,5 &7) with a macro and once more as a batch to export them.

You can do anything when there are only a few pictures, but with a thousand to do....

I should perhaps add that the photos have to be selected, not every photo in a folder qualifies for the same macro. I do in fact have several macros, a landscape orientated picture, a portrait orientated picture, a no stroking required option and one where no resizing is required as they fall into Apple's recognised photo ratios and are not over-zoomed.

Edited by Don - NZ
Added last paragraph

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I'll add my dismay at not being able to export with a Macro. I'm struggling to see why this isn't considered an important step for Macros.

Every time I think I might be able to use AP to replace Photoshop another obstacle steps in my way.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.