Vishnu Raghav B

Dual monitor - Application window and tools panel swapping issue.

Hello Team Affinity,

I am facing this weird issue running both Affinity Designer & Photo with dual monitor setup. I usually keep my Application window on my primary display and arrange the necessary tools panel in my secondary display.

Everything works perfectly fine but, after every week or 10 days the display gets swapped actually. I mean the Application window moves to the secondary monitor and the tools panels moves to my primary with the exact panel arrangement.  

Here are the screenshots of the issue.

Below image describes the layout I usually set,

Actual.thumb.jpg.c01d3d172016e40e575379a3fc37c44d.jpg

After a week or so, when I launch Designer or Photo, the results look like the below screenshot.

swapped.thumb.jpg.57c5fef376b51305926d4c75298ebe5d.jpg

I have a Nvidia GTX 750TI 2GB Graphics card with latest drivers installed. And I did not perform any driver update in between. 

If you need any further information to fix my issue, please do let me know.

Thank you
Vishnu Raghav B

Hello, Gabe!

I am facing this issue only with Affinity suite. Other than that, all the application windows launch in their respective positions.

You can even see my Task bar in the primary monitor(in the screenshots provided) remain unchanged.

I would like to mention that I am using a window docking application called "WinDock" to position my windows. It works like when I grab a window and touch my mouse pointer in the monitor edges, the window gets resized and positioned based on user-defined set of rule. Does it have anything to do with this issue?

Thank you,
Vishnu Raghav B

I could only find one more issue with Windock. What makes me wondering is if Windock updates on 7 or 10 day period, and that resets the layout...

I have the same issue mentioned by HaDAk, but it doesn't crash that often with the latest version of Affinity.

36 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

What makes me wondering is if Windock updates on 7 or 10 day period, and that resets the layout...

I doubt the same. But I couldn't notice any change in behavior with other windows.