whizzrd

Macro results differ between all and individual steps

I have a Macro here that does not seem to work correctly when running all steps at once, however when using "edit macro" and checking each individual step and running it does exactly what was recorded.

Macros.afmacros

Hi Whizzrd,

Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure what your Macro should be doing, which is making it impossible for me to verify the correct behaviour. Would you be able to record a video showing you running it once by once giving the results you desired, and then running them all at once giving it undesired results?

Thanks!

Hi @Sean P

The macro is supposed to resize the canvas, resize a layer, duplicate that layer and move it around.

It is NOT supposed to change the aspect ratio when resizing, which it doesn't when you run one step at a time.

It seems that the macro is confused by changing the aspect ratio in the resize canvas step, strangely when stepping trough the macro this doesn't happen

Original image
SMPTE_Color_Bars.thumb.jpg.e1f2d905aaea831d0b4085b3cf8b0be3.jpg
What it's supposed to look like (and does when I edit and step trough the macro)

SMPTE_Color_Bars_step.thumb.png.d425d6ac27f7469c5446aa76b80c972b.png
The Result of running all the macro steps at once 
SMPTE_Color_Bars_Fail.thumb.png.e7d4483371439f4f61a63e5a2c49999e.png

Hi Whizzrd,

Thanks for the files - I see what you mean now. I believe it is the transform entries that are causing issues with the Macro. I'll get that passed on to development! Thanks for letting us know :)